Saturday, August 2, 2008

Yesterday I woke up and turned on the tv. "Catfish are 'walking' down the street". Say wha?! I turned it up because, of course, they had me hooked, and indeed it was true that catfish had been spotted taking a stroll down the local avenues. Apparently it has rained so much that the fish have come up through the drainage pipes and are hanging out on the streets. As long as they are kept moist, catfish are fine on land. And these suckers were using their pectoral (sp) muscles to "walk" down the street!! That is just CRAZY to me!!! I think I would freak out if I saw fish meandering down the way!



On another note, Joshua has decided that he enjoys cleaning. Which is great considering that he makes 99% of the mess. Yesterday I was trying to vacum the living room and he absolutely would not leave me alone. So I gave up and let him have the vacum to see what he would do. Well, he is quite the little vacumer! He also put away all of the silverware (all by himself!) although it wasn't in the right compartments, but at least it was put away and he swept the kitchen! Woo hoo! I will certainly be encouraging this behavior!!!




Last night we were lucky enough to be enlightened with a performance by the Sisters. The girls had written their own songs and then performed them for us . . . . . . they were so sweet! One was about this is where I grew up, this is where I wanna be and one of the others they had written about eachother and was titled "Sisters". I videoed it and as soon as I can figure out how to upload video, I will post it. In the mean time. Here are some pictures of the girls performing. Madison did her make-up all by herself. Don't you just LOVE the blue eyeshadow??





3 comments:

Irene Weeks said...

love the blue eyeshadow...get those bangs a little bigger and she's off to an 80's party!

Anonymous said...

They are too cute! I can remember Krystal and I dressing up & doing the whole singing and dancing routine for our parents. I can't wait for Lola to start "performing" for us. She is at the same stage as Joshua where everything is "I can do it by myself!".
-Shannon

Unknown said...

The makeup actually doesn't look half bad!! Blake is doing the same thing where he wants to help me clean, so he likes to sweep the house and then when he's done, he throws it down and goes back to the toys. That story about your friends baby just breaks my heart. They are in my prayers.

Dana