Monday, August 11, 2008

She's off!

Well, I shipped my baby girl, Alison off to overnight camp today. She has spent the night out before and gone on overnight trips with my parents, but never to camp by herself! She is going to Bonnie Doone camp with her best friend and her church. She is SO excited. I am excited for her, too since I have so many wonderful memories at Bonnie Doone. I used to beg my parents to send me! I know that she is going to have so much fun! But this is just another milestone that reminds me that my girl isn't a baby anymore. She is 10 years old and it seems just like yesterday I was holding that warm little bundle in my arms, thinking, "What in the world am I supposed to do now?!" I remember being so scared to leave the hospital and the watchful eyes and experience of the nurses and doctors. "What if I do something wrong?" I had no idea how to care for an infant all by myself! But, we got through it and now she is off to camp for a week by herself. **SIGH** My baby girl is growing up . . . . . .

No comments: